By making a gift to Lan Su Chinese Garden via your estate plan, you help maintain the plants, buildings, art and architectural details that make the garden beautiful. Your gift provides classes, tours and celebrations of Chinese culture for future generations.
Here are some ways you can include Lan Su in your estate plan:
Name Lan Su in your will or living trust
Making a charitable bequest in your will or revocable trust is a wonderful legacy for you and Lan Su. There are several ways you can make a gift to Lan Su through your will or trust:
- Unrestricted gifts: You can specify that Lan Su receive a percentage of your estate, a specific sum of money, or specific asset (such as stocks, bonds, or real or personal property). The most useful kind of bequest is unrestricted, allowing the funds to be allocated by Lan Su wherever the need is the greatest.
- Restricted gifts: You can also designate that your gift be used for Lan Su’s general grants and operations, or you can restrict your gift to a specific program, event, or other purpose that is important to you.
Download a fact sheet with sample bequest language to share with your financial advisor (PDF, 98 KB) »
Name Lan Su as a beneficiary of your life insurance or retirement plan
Naming Lan Su as a beneficiary designation is a simple and impactful way to express your support of the garden. After your lifetime, these assets will transfer directly to Lan Su without going through probate. Beneficiary designations can be made for:
- Life insurance policies
- Retirement accounts, such as an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), etc.
- Bank and brokerage accounts, and other types of deposit and investment accounts
Email us for more information on naming Lan Su as a beneficiary »
Name Lan Su as the beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust, gift annuity or other advanced charitable giving vehicle.
For those wishing to make a gift to Lan Su who have more complex estates, Lan Su can offer help by providing information directly to your financial advisor so they can set up your advanced charitable giving vehicle that best fits with your estate plan.
Email us with your specific planned gift request »
Information for your financial advisor
In compiling your advanced charitable giving documents, your financial advisor may need some detailed information about Lan Su to ensure your gift goes where you want it. Below is our official name, federal tax identification number and IRS non-profit status.
- Name: Portland Classical Chinese Garden dba Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Fed Tax ID: 93-1296840
- Status: 501(c)(3) non-profit organization